Okay, okay. How could I POSSIBLY have another post about WiFi password cracking?! Enough is enough. Well, let's recap and then I can show you an even easier options I've been holding back on.
WEP is cracked in minutes; WPS can be cracked in minutes or up to days (still relatively achievable); WPA2 can be cracked in seconds to octillion years! Do you remember all those command lines off the top of your head to launch these attacks? Probably not, so I'll share with you an easier program that wraps everything up into a nice graphical user interface.
Why didn't I show you this first!? Why torture us with black and white command terminals!? Well, it's important to learn the concepts and techniques behind password cracking before you use "point-and-click" software.
What You Will Need
- Kali Linux (either a bootable LiveCD or bootable USB image)
- Network card capable of monitor mode ("promiscuous mode") and packet injections. My recommendation is: Alfa AWUS036H
- Fern Wifi Cracker (included in Kali Linux)
- A dictionary file (for WPA/WPA2 encryption without WPS enabled)
- Few minutes to set up; A LOT of patience while it cracks the code.
Fern WiFi Cracker
Here it is. So intuitive and user-friendly, a baby could use it.
Now, let's get to the hack: