Let's go ahead and just skip all the "morning wood" jokes right off the bat because that's not the stiffness I'm talking about. Okay, maybe one joke: "If men get morning wood, do women get morning dew?" Nothing? How about —
Dude: You should be a carpenter.
Dude: Because I have some morning wood for you to take care of.
Still nothing? Seriously, last one:
Now that we've gotten that out of our systems, one of the workouts included in the "DDP Yoga" series is entitled, "Wake Up." This collection of moves is designed to stretch your muscles immediately upon waking up and isn't technically considered a "workout" since only 50% of the effort is being used. Just think of it as a morning stretch that will help you build energy through breathing, and also relieve that stiffness felt in your hips, neck, back, and legs through stretching. Don't believe me? You could buy the system instead of Playstation 4 or XBOX One, but since I know you better than that, how about you just follow the instructions below. Assuming you've perused the previous posts, "Diamond Dozen Part 1" and "Diamond Dozen Part 2", we'll go ahead and jump right in:
- The video starts with "Diamond" Dallas Page opening the door to his house and explaining that he just woke up. Then adds, "we're going to oil the tin man" then invites you "up to his bedroom" before changing his demeanor into Tony Soprano and adding, "Don't tell my girl!" Seems like he's done this before. Not knowing what he means by "oil the tin man", you cautiously proceed.
- Step one: Lay on your back in bed and take two deep breaths.
- Step two: Twist your hips to each side and hold for a few seconds.
- Step three: Cannonball (pull your knees up to your chest).
- Step four: Get out of bed and "limp over" to your yoga mat. Do a few reps of Cat Lift and Cat Arch. Then drop to Safety Zone. Hold. Repeat this entire step four more times.
- Step five: Downdog, more Cat Lift and Cat Arch. Repeat three times.
- Step six: Bent Bar Back. Alternate between Bent Bar Back and standing Cat Lift and Cat Arch.
- Step seven: Three Diamond Cutters. Touchdown position.
- Step eight: Broken table (alternate each side twice).
- Step nine: Three slow burn push ups into a cobra.
- Step ten: Two more Diamond Cutters.
Done. This shouldn't take more than 10 minutes. Let me know how it works for you.