Ingredients (Blackened Salmon):
A Nice Bottle of White Wine (suggestion: Oak Knoll Pinot Gris, Willamette Valley)
1 lb. Salmon Fillets, bones removed
2 tablespoons ground Paprika
1 tablespoon ground Cayenne Pepper
1 tablespoon Onion Powder
2 teaspoons Salt
1/2 teaspoon round Black Pepper
1/4 teaspoon dried Thyme
1/4 teaspoon dried Oregano
1/4 teaspoon dried Basil
1 tablespoon Olive Oil
Ingredients (Brown Rice)
1 cup Brown Rice (my favorite: Mahatma Brown Rice — mostly because of the EXTREMELY stereotypical, and borderline racist, Indian man as their logo.)
3 cups Water
Directions (Blackened Salmon):
- Preheat broiler on HIGH.
- Mix paprika, cayenne pepper, onion powder, salt, black pepper, thyme, basil and oregano in a small bowl.
- Brush salmon fillets with olive oil.
- Evenly sprinkle fillets with the spice mixture to your level of spiciness.
- Place the salmon fillets skin-side down on the prepared pan.
- Broil 6 inches from heat source for 15-20 minutes depending on filet thickness.
- Done. Enjoy your blackened salmon with wine.
Directions (Brown Rice):
- Mix 1 cup brown rice and 3 cups water in a microwave safe bowl.
- Microwave UNCOVERED on HIGH for 10 minutes.
- Once done, REDUCE power to 50%, microwave uncovered 20 minutes.
- Let rice to sit for 5 minutes.
- Add salt, pepper, and butter. (optional)
- Enjoy your brown rice with more wine.