Margaritas — why? Because it's "National Margarita Day."
1 lb. Jumbo Lump Crabmeat (fresh or pasteurized)
1 large Egg
1/4 cup Mayonnaise
1-1/2 teaspoon Spicy Dijon Mustard
1 teaspoon Lemon Juice
1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire Sauce
1-1/4 cups Plain or Italian Breadcrumbs
1 tablespoon chopped Parsley
2 tablespoon Butter
2 tablespoon olive oil
- Start drinking mass amounts of margaritas.
- Whisk the egg, mayonnaise, mustard, lemon juice, and Worcestershire sauce in a small bowl.
- Add crab meat and mix gently until well combined. DO NOT overmix into mush.
- Sprinkle the breadcrumbs and the parsley over the mixture, and mix them in gently.
- Shape the crab mixture into 6-8 cakes.
- Heat the butter and olive oil over medium heat in a 12-inch nonstick skillet.
- Cook until dark golden brown on the underside (4-5 minutes).
- Flip the cakes, reduce heat to medium/low. Continue cooking until the other side is well browned (another 4-5 minutes).
- Enjoy your crab cakes with mass amounts of margaritas.