Ingredients (Cajun Shrimp):
1 lb. medium Shrimp (raw and thawed)
2 tablespoons Salt
2 tablespoons Garlic Powder
1 tablespoon Black Pepper
1 tablespoon Onion Powder
1 tablespoon Cayenne Pepper
1 tablespoon dried Oregano
Ingredients (Raisin/Carrot Couscous)
1 cup uncooked, unflavored Couscous
2 teaspoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1/2 chopped Onion
1 1/2 cup of Chicken Broth
1/2 cup of Golden Raisins
1/2 cup of thinly sliced Carrots
Directions (Cajun Shrimp):
- Start drinking booze.
- Bring 5 cups of water to a rolling boil in a 3 quart pot.
- Add salt, black pepper, onion powder, cayenne pepper, and oregano. Boil mixture for 5 minutes, stirring several times.
- Add the shrimp to the boiling water. Stir, cover and quickly remove pot from the heat source.
- Let stand for 8-10 minutes.
- Strain shrimp in a colander.
- Enjoy your shrimp with more booze.
Directions (Raisin/Carrot Couscous):
- Heat olive oil over a medium heat in a 2 or 3 quart sauce pan.
- Add onion, raisins, and carrots. Continuously stir for 1 minute.
- Stir in chicken broth. Bring to a boil.
- Stir in couscous. Remove from heat source.
- Cover and let stand 5-7 minutes.
- Uncover and fluff with fork.