Hey, guess what? Not all my meals turn out like something that can be served in a restaurant run by Gordon Ramsey. But this dish was by far so substandard I almost wouldn't even feed it to my dogs. As you've hopefully noticed by now, my preferred method of cooking meat is using a charcoal grill, which usually takes 40 minutes to heat and get the coals to the perfect cooking temperature. Last night I was pressed for time, didn't feel like going through the hassle of heating the grill, and decided to pan fry a NY Strip steak — horrible idea!
While the steak was still edible, it wasn't what I would consider enjoyable. The biggest mistake though was the pan wasn't HOT enough. This caused the hunk of meat to look like gray shoe leather. Just look at that piece of shit. Follow along below if you want to know how to replicate this failure.
12-pack of anything (you're going to need it to get the taste out of your mouth)
2 New York Strip Steaks
2 Large Green Bell Peppers
Ranch dressing (for dipping)
1 tablespoon Olive Oil
1 tablespoon Butter
Directions (NY Strip Steak):
- Sprinkle desired amount of meat tenderizer on both sides of the steak.
- Heat oil and butter in a pan. (NOTE: Get that pan HOT — otherwise see my results above)
- Cook steak to medium-rare.
- Enjoy your steak more than I did.
Directions (Green Bell Peppers):
- Core and deseed the bell pepper.
- Cut into half-inch wide strips.
- Serve with Ranch dressing for dipping.
- Enjoy your bell peppers.