This is the post where I'm supposed to confess how I'm counting down the hours, minutes, seconds until I'm allowed to once again feel the warm glow of the television screen, until I'll be able to travel down the information superhighway at speeds only limited by how fast my fingers can type, until all the apps on the Smartphone bring nothing but happiness and joy back into my life! But I can't, because none of that would be true. Sure, for the first few days I kept telling myself, "Only 29 more days. Only 27 more days. Only 26 more days!" just to make it through to the end of that day like a child counting down to their birthday or Christmas. Yeah, I struggled with coming to grips with the reality that technology dependency reduced ... Continue Reading
Thanksgiving has come and gone, leaving behind an added five pounds to serve as a reminder that when someone asks, "Hey, you want a third piece of pie?" the answer should be, "Umm... Make it a small slice. I wouldn't want to over do it! Hahahaha!" After dinner you kindly excused yourself to saunter off to the bathroom to floss more food from between your teeth than a citizen of a third-world country eats in a year. But that's America, baby.
Because my wife's holiday travel schedule this ... Continue Reading
You have 16 GBs of storage completely filled down to the last byte with Apps. This post is part 4 of a 4 post series about Smartphone Apps That You're Taking for Granted. Read Part 1, Part 2, and Part 3.
Asked to define the epitome of depression, I would have to say scrolling through your cell phone contacts to realize the only two numbers you have saved are "Customer Service" and "Voicemail" — the default numbers. The Samsung t139 I've been using this month contains those two ... Continue Reading
These are some questions I've pondered off and on this month depending on the level of boredom experienced. See if you can answer any.
- If there's an exception to every rule, what's the exception to that rule?
- How old do you have to be for people to say you died of old age?
- Why do British people lose their British accent when they sing?
- How do you tell when you run out of invisible ink?
- Why does bread taste better when triangularly cut instead of just square bread?
- Does hand ... Continue Reading
Oct. 6th, 1985 - Sept. 2nd, 2010
The Phone Call
On September 3rd, 2010, I received a phone call from Scott, my friend, former roommate, and fraternity brother, around one o'clock in the afternoon. The timing of the call was odd since it was a Friday afternoon and he knew I was at work. My team was in the middle of a monthly luncheon we scheduled to review business numbers, present monthly recognition awards, and initiate plans for the following month. I stared at the Caller ID on the ... Continue Reading
- 4 Apps Every Smartphone Has That You're Taking for Granted, Part 3: Cameras
- 4 Apps Every Smartphone Has That You're Taking for Granted, Part 2: Calendars
- 4 Apps Every Smartphone Has That You're Taking for Granted, Part 1: Calculators
- Cash is King: 7 Reasons to Why You Should Carry Cash: Challenge 1, Day 21